Dr. Suleman received his PhD in Human Computer Interaction in 2011 from Tilburg University, the Netherlands and PDEng (Professional Doctorate in Engineering) in 2007 in User System Interaction program from Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands. Since 2015, he is working as an Assistant Professor at Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) where he directs the Computer Human Interaction and Social Experience Lab (CHISEL). He has received a number of best paper and teaching awards throughout his career. In 2010, he received Teaching Innovation Award (Onderwijs Prijs) at the faculty level (Tilburg University) for the User Interface Design course. He has been associated as a researcher with Tilburg center for Cognition and Communication (TiCC) in Creative Computing Research Group, Tilburg, the Netherlands and as a visiting assistant professor with Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands. In 2013, he co-founded a user experience studio in Pakistan and in the Netherlands and lead the design team. In 2014, he received University Teaching Qualification (UTQ-BKO) certificate which is a proof of didactic competence for lecturers. His research interests include assistive technologies to enhance quality of life of differently abled persons and older adults, child-computer interaction, affective computing and human computer interaction for development (HCI4D).
- Designing Digital Aids to Improve the Urdu Reading Skills of Dyslexic Children in Pakistan
- Inventorying and Documentation of the Collection at Taxila Museum
- Smart Urbanism in Lahore; Developing Real Time Optimal Solutions and Estimating Economic Cost of Congestion
- Designing Digital Aids for Children with Autism in Pakistan
- Supporting Diabetic and Pre-diabetic Patients in Urban and Rural Communities of Pakistan Using a Chronic Disease Management Platform
- Khan, V. J., Bonné, D., & Shahid, S. (2017). Interactive Advertisements in an IoT Era. In Intelligent Technologies for Interactive Entertainment: 8th International Conference, INTETAIN 2016, Utrecht, The Netherlands, June 28–30, 2016, Revised Selected Papers (pp. 106-111).
- Abdul Ghafoor, M., Abbasi, A., Zaidi, M. F., Arshad, F., & Shahid, S. (2017, May). LiveDliver & HepOrganizer: A Digital No to Hepatitis in Pakistan. In Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 2307-2313). ACM.
- Serras Pereira, M., de Lange, J., Shahid, S., & Swerts, M. (2016, October). Children's Facial Expressions in Truthful and Deceptive Interactions with a Virtual Agent. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Human Agent Interaction (pp. 289-296). ACM.
- Sajjad, U. U., & Shahid, S. (2016, September). Baby+: a mobile application to support pregnant women in Pakistan. In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services Adjunct (pp. 667-674). ACM.