Dr. Wasif Tanveer Khan is an Assistant Professor at Department of Electrical Engineering, SBASSE, LUMS. He has received his B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Engineering and Technology, UET Lahore, Pakistan, in 2005 and the M.S. & Ph.D. degrees in electrical and computer engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA in 2010 and 2014, respectively.
Prior to joining LUMS, Dr. Wasif has served as a Lecturer in the National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences-FAST, Lahore, Pakistan. He has been awarded Fulbright scholarship for his M.S. Leading to Ph.D. in 2008. In 2009, he joined Professor John Papapolymerou’s research group “Microwave Circuit Technology” at the Georgia Institute of Technology. During his Ph.D, he authored/co-authored more than 30 research papers in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
1. Khan, W. T., Tong, J., Sitaraman, S., Sundaram, V., Tummala, R., & Papapolymerou, J. (2015). Characterization of electrical properties of glass and transmission lines on thin glass up to 50 GHz. Paper presented at the Proceedings - Electronic Components and Technology Conference.
2. Khan, W.T., Ulusoy, A.C., Schmid, R., Chi, T., Cressler, J.D., Wang, H., Papapolymerou, J.(2015) A D-band (110 to 170 GHz) SPDT switch in 32 nm CMOS SOI:2015 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, IMS 2015:DOI: 10.1109/MWSYM.2015.7167061.
3. Khan, W. T., Sitaraman, S., Vera, A. L., Pulugurtha, M. R., Sundaram, V., Tummala, R. R., & Papapolymerou, J. (2015, September). A V-band end-fire Yagi-Uda antenna on an ultra-thin glass packaging technology. In Microwave Conference (EuMC), 2015 European (pp. 618-621). IEEE.
4. Ahmad, W., Ali, A., & Khan, W. T. (2016, June). Small form factor PIFA antenna design at 28 GHz for 5G applications. In Antennas and Propagation (APSURSI), 2016 IEEE International Symposium on (pp. 1747-1748). IEEE.
1. MM- wave Integration and Embedded Antennas in System-in-Package - Work Package 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - Sony
2. Design and Development of Power Amplifier for T/R Mod-ule of Ground Based AESA Radar - Pakistan Air Force
3. Design a Miniaturized Spiral Antenna for Ultra-wideband (2-18 GHz) Applications - RWR Private Ltd
4. Technical Consultancy Services to PAF - Pakistan Air Force
5. Development of a Low-Cost Paper-based Wireless Early Warning System using Ink-jet Printed Carbon Nanotube Loaded Antenna-based Sensors for Detecting Gases and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) - HEC
6. 24 GHz Radar Antenna Designed - EBE Group
7. GPS Interference Mitigation - National Engineering & Scientific Commission
8. Design and Development of Filter Bank - Pakistan Air Force