Dr. Ghayoor Abbas obtained his M.Sc. in Chemistry from Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan. After serving as lecturer in Chemistry in the Punjab Education Department/GCU Lahore for couple of years, he went to the Michigan State University, USA for his PhD studies. At MSU, he worked on the applications of iridium catalyzed aromatic C-H borylation in organic synthesis, and completed his PhD in Chemistry in 2008. He later worked as a Postdoctoral Associate at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA, before joining SSE LUMS in fall 2009.
Dr. Ghayoor Abbas has presented his research work in various international conferences including the meetings of the American Chemical Society, the US National Organic Symposium, and the Gordon Organometallic Conference. He has a number of research publications in peer reviewed international journals as well as several patents to his credit.
· Ikram, H. M., Rasool, N., Ahmad, G., Chotana, G. A., Musharraf, S. G., Zubair, M., . . . Jaafar, H. Z. (2015). Selective C-arylation of 2,5-dibromo-3-hexylthiophene via Suzuki cross coupling reaction and their pharmacological aspects. Molecules, 20(3), 5202-5214.
· Batool, F., Parveen, S., Emwas, A. H., Sioud, S., Gao, X., Munawar, M. A., & Chotana, G. A. (2015). Synthesis of Fluoroalkoxy Substituted Arylboronic Esters by Iridium-Catalyzed Aromatic C-H Borylation. Organic Letters, 17(17), 4256-4259. doi: 10.1021/acs.orglett.5b02050
· Ikram, H. M., Rasool, N., Zubair, M., Khan, K. M., Abbas Chotana, G., Akhtar, M. N., ... & Rana, U. A. (2016). Efficient Double Suzuki Cross-Coupling Reactions of 2, 5-Dibromo-3-hexylthiophene: Anti-Tumor, Haemolytic, Anti-Thrombolytic and Biofilm Inhibition Studies. Molecules,21(8), 977.
· Batool, F., Emwas, A. H., Gao, X., Munawar, M. A., & Chotana, G. A. (2016). Synthesis and Suzuki Cross-Coupling Reactions of 2, 6-Bis (trifluoromethyl) pyridine-4-boronic Acid Pinacol Ester. Synthesis.
· Green Chemistry Route for the Concise and Divergent Synthesis of Halogenated Pseudilins
· Regiospecific Syntheses of Carbazoles