At present, 500 TISCs are operating worldwide and have established such centers in Pakistan as well. The TISC network assist in accessing to the global network, the commerce and Industry Ministry. In April 2009, WIPO was mandated by its member states to carry out a pilot project to establish Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISCs) within the framework of its Development Agenda.
Pakistan, being member state of WIPO, through HEC and IPO formed TISC Network by setting up TISCs at twenty three (23) different entities including the Sialkot Chamber of Commerce and Industry, SMEDA, PCSIR, PASTIC and various universities in Pakistan.
TISC was established at Lahore University Management Sciences through a Memorandum of Understanding with World Intellectual Property Organization, Higher Education Commission Pakistan, and Intellectual Property Organization, Pakistan which was signed on December 12th, 2017.
The TISC offers several services such as:
- access to online patent and non-patent resources;
- assistance in searching and retrieving technology information,
- training in database search;
- on-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement); and,
- Monitoring technology and competitors.
LUMS-TISC is established for:
- Individual Inventors at LUMS
- Researchers Centers at LUMS
- Startups at LUMS
For more information, and assistance please contact TISC’s focal person at email@example.com